Thursday, December 27, 2012

Baby 2, Letter 5

Dear Baby,

We had Thanksgiving, and now Christmas.  We'll have the New Year, and then I'll take a nap and you will be here. I was so worried about being this pregnant over the holiday season - I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy any of it and instead just be a cranky shrew through all the preparations and festivities - but I couldn't have been more wrong. I did enjoy the season, despite my ever-diminishing sleep schedule and my difficulty moving around.  Your father was a big help and we did all the things we usually do, including getting the house all dolled up and seeing every possible friend and family member.

I've said that this pregnancy seems harder than the last one, and it has been in many ways. But one major thing has been infinitely better.  I have had no pain.  Last time, I had excruciating pain when I walked for the last five or six weeks of pregnancy.  Also, that diabetes part was pretty unfortunate and I've been glad to freely eat ice cream throughout this pregnancy.  So being pain-free made doing all the cooking and traveling and celebrating much more enjoyable than I anticipated, and I guess I should thank you for that.

Your daddy got me a wine-themed Christmas which seems sort of like torture seeing as I can't enjoy the rewards yet, but he knows me well and I love having something to look forward to. He's made a big batch of homemade wine for me and for Christmas I got all the necessary accessories to fully enjoy it.  Bubbles, baby! He got me a machine to put bubbles in my wine! And a fancy carafe that will keep it cold by the pool. He's a clever guy, your father.  You'll see.

The doctor says you are so perfect I don't need another sonogram. I mean, I guess that's a good thing, but dang if  I wasn't hoping to sneak one last good peek at you before you arrive.  I love sonogram photos.  You  look so happy in there, just floating around, practicing breathing.  That womb looks like a pretty good hang out.

I've got all your grandmas and aunts and friends lined up to come and help us after you are born and it's gonna be a big ole girl party.  For over three years, this house has been a boy's club but all of that is about to change, Sister. You and me, we're gonna show your dad and big brother what girls are all about.

See you in a few weeks, Baby.  You're the last piece of this family puzzle and we're anxious to be complete.

All my love,
Mama




0 comments:

Post a Comment